- Queens College, Flushing, New York. 1980, Bachelor of Arts, Political Science/Communication/Computer Science Brooklyn Law
- School, Brooklyn, New York. 1984, Juris Doctor
- The Law Offices of Brian J. Herman, Hudson, New York. 2000 – To Date
- Hudson City Court Judge, Hudson, New York. 2016 – 2022
- Copake Town Justice, Copake, New York. (Elected Democratic candidate for two consecutive terms), 2006 – 2013
- The Law Offices of Brian J. Herman, Queens, New York. 1984-2000
- Admitted to Practice: New York State Bar, Federal: Northern, Eastern and Southern District of New York; U.S. Tax Court.
- Hudson Town & Country Realty, Ltd., Hudson, New York. 2001- To Date, President, and Principal Broker
- Various Real Estate Holding Companies, Hudson, New York. 2000- To Date, CEO
- Park Falafel & Pizza Inc., Hudson, New York. 2010 – 2017. President and CEO
- U-Do-It True Value, Queens, New York. 1980-2000. President and CEO
Memberships and Affiliations:
- New York State Association of City Court Judges, Member
- Columbia County Magistrate’s Association, Past President (served two terms)
- New York State Magistrate’s Association, Member
- New York State Bar Association, Member
- Columbia County Bar Association, Member
- Columbia/Greene Board of Realtors, Member
- Copake Grange, Member and Counsel
- Congregation Anshe Emeth, Former Member of the Board of Trustees
- Jewish Federation of Northeastern New York, Former Member of the Board of Directors
- Recipient of the 2015 Columbia County Democratic Committee Martin Van Buren Award.
- 13 Published Decisions in the New York Official Reports by the Law Reporting Bureau.