One Night Only: Iconic Via Carota Restaurant x Kinderhook
Saturday, December 10thChefs Jody Williams and Rita Sodi of Via Carota, the favorite NYC hot spot, serve up bites from their new Cookbook paired with wines curated by Liz and Anthony Cottingham of Kinderhook Bottle Shop followed by a special dinner at The Aviary Kinderhook with chefs Hannah Wong and Karly Kuffler.
WHAT: A casual afternoon of sips, tastes and conversations with James Beard Award-winning chefs Jody Williams and Rita Sodi from Via Carota with cookbook writer and Kinderhook resident Anna Kovel, honoring the release of Via Carota, A Celebration of Seasonal Cooking from the Beloved Greenwich Village Restaurant. Snacks will be followed by a special dinner at The Aviary Kinderhook featuring a collaboration between their Chefs Hannah Wong and Karly Kuffler and Chefs Sodi and Williams.
- Bites from the cookbook prepared fireside by the chefs
- Italian wine tasting expertly paired by Kinderhook Bottle Shop
- Cozy Italian cocktail served at 2 Note
- Chef Collaboration dinner at The Aviary Kinderhook
Kinderhook Bottle Shop, The Aviary and 2Note are part of a new creative collaboration located in a revitalized 1890s historic textile mill in the heart of Kinderhook Village. Home to September, a contemporary art gallery, Morningbird, a coffee shop, The Shaker Museum pop-up, Damsel Garden, a local flower farmer, and OK Pantry, a modern bodega.
WHO: Called “New York’s most perfect restaurant” by The New Yorker, Via Carota features traditional (but not too traditional) Italian fare, a homey, convivial atmosphere, and unpretentious hospitality. In their new cookbook, Sodi and Williams share secrets from Via Carota’s kitchen. With over 140 seasonal recipes including Meyer Lemon Risotto, Tuscan Onion Soup, Sweet Ricotta Cake, and the restaurant’s signature Insalata Verde, you will be inspired to cook from Via Carota all year long. www.viacarota.com
Kinderhook Bottle Shop co-owners have a long history of combined food, wine and marketing experience. Anthony Cottingham was a NYC based Certified Sommelier having worked at high-profile NYC restaurants, wine shops and wine distributors for over 25 years. Elizabeth Cottingham has led branding and marketing for multiple publishers with executive positions at Wired, Saveur, among others. www.kinderhookbottleshop.com
The Aviary Kinderhook is a community-minded restaurant launched by world-renowned artist, Darren Waterston, and Yen Ngo, the chef/owner of the Michelin Bib Gourmand-winning VanDa in NYC. The kitchen, overseen by chefs Hannah Wong and Karly Kuffler, features Dutch and Indonesian-influenced dishes that highlight produce from the Hudson Valley. www.theaviarykinderhook.com
2Note, an artisan fragrance and bath product emporium bring artisan botanical perfumes and organic products for bath, body and home to the warm Kinderhook community. www.2notehudson.com
WHEN: Saturday, December 10th
- 3-5 pm at the Kinderhook Bottle Shop
- Cookbook Signing + Italian Wine Tasting
- Bites from the Cookbook cooked and served fireside by the chefs
- Italian cocktail served at 2 Note
- Tickets available at www.kinderhookbottleshop.com/specialevents
- 5:30 & 8:00 pm dinner seatings at The Aviary Kinderhook
- A four-course fixed menu, served family-style
- Dishes from the cookbook such as ricotta with shaved black truffles on grilled focaccia, braised borlotti beans and Tuscan kale, housemade ravioli with vegetarian bolognese, tartufi al cioccolato.
- Reservations available through resy.com
WHERE: Kinderhook Bottle Shop, Aviary Kinderhook and 2Note Hudson
Kinderhook Knitting Mill
8 Hudson Street
Kinderhook, NY 12106
For more information:
Bullfrog + Baum